Designed using Figma, the app aims to enhance the student experience. Each section is relevant to the students' respective courses, allowing them to check their timetable, add print credit for coursework, and check their emails. The app has been presented to staff and students and has received positive feedback.
To gather information from students about their app preferences, I used a questionnaire. The questions included:
- What features do you look for in a phone app (usability, design, small file size)?
- If the college had an app, which features would you like to see included (college email, notifications, access to Cloud, ease of contacting tutors, contacting departments)?
- Would you find it easier to be contacted through the app rather than by text message from the college?
- Would you find the app easier to use if it meant that you wouldn't need a computer to access college email?
- Is there anything that frustrates you about using an app?
- What information do you feel you need from the college (changes in classroom, closures due to weather, meetings with tutors, deadline dates, etc.)?
The students appreciated the accessibility of information for their courses, as well as the ability to read college news and get involved in events that could benefit their future careers.